Frequently asked questions about Robert
Clean the water basin, evaporator discs and the water tank thoroughly with a soft brush or a sponge and warm water every 2 weeks. With limescale in the water basin or water tank, use a decalcifier diluted with water (follow the manufacturer’s instructions). In Clean Mode, Robert automatically cleans itself; see also “How can I clean the disc package?”. Rinse the basin and tank well afterwards with tap water. The following video shows the correct cleaning of Robert.
A flashing humidity value means that the desired humidity has been reached and the device has switched off automatically.
The current air humidity is measured approx. every 30 minutes (the fan runs for 1–2 minutes). Should the measured current air humidity fall below the set value, the appliance begins to humidify again.
Push the “Air Humidity” button to change the desired humidity level. You may now select the desired air humidity in increments of 5 % by repeatedly pressing the “Air Humidity” button (the display will blink while settings are being adjusted). The selected value is saved if no other adjustments are made after approx. 10 seconds. The display changes to the current measured air humidity. Once the desired air humidity is reached again, the appliance stops and the display blinks.
The anticalc cartridge reduces the lime content in the water and thus the intervals between decalcifying. If you notice white marks on the sides of the water basin, we recommend that you use the anticalc cartridge. The cartridge needs to be replaced every one to three months depending on how hard your water is. Hard water exceeding 21 dH° requires the use of a anticalc cartridge.
- First empty the water left in the water basin.
- Then pour the decalcifier (follow the manufacturer’s instructions) up to 2 cm below the top of the basin. The evaporator discs should remain in the water.
- Now push the water basin back into the unit (you do not need to put the tank in).
- Press the mode button three times to start the cleaning process. The symbol “Clean Mode” is displayed. During the process, the evaporator discs rotate in the water but the fan is not running. No air is blown into the room. After the 20-minute cleaning process, the unit stops and the Clean Mode display flashes. You can run the cleaning process several times depending on the extent of the limescale. Empty the water basin and rinse thoroughly with tap water.
- If the evaporator discs are very dirty, you can unscrew them from each other, decalcify them individually and clean with a brush. To do so, unscrew the foremost disc with the toothed wheel and remove the discs from the axle. Make sure you reassemble the disc package properly after cleaning and tighten the foremost disc.
The intensity of the fragrance is influenced by various factors:
- Type of fragrance (synthetic, natural, ingredients, etc.)
- Room temperature and relative humidity (the more humid the air, the stronger the fragrance will be)
- Room size (the smaller the room, the more intensive the fragrance)
In principle, you can increase the intensity of a fragrance by adding a little more fragrance oil. The strength of a fragrance will depend on the fragrance itself. Natural fragrances are often more discreet than synthetic ones and certain ingredients are more dominant than others.
It should also be remembered that first and foremost, the device is an air washer. The intensity of its fragrance will never be as strong as the fragrance from an aroma diffuser.