Frequently asked questions about Zoe
Fill the water container (1) up to the maximum mark (MAX) with water. No water may enter the air outlet opening (2). This will damage the appliance and will void any claim to the warranty. Important: please do not carry Zoe around whilst it is filled with water. The water could run into the electronics.
You can clean the water base with a common household decalcifier. Mix the decalcifier with water in line with its instructions. If you are not able to remove all the deposits, use a cleaning brush to clean the ultrasonic membrane. Please do not attempt to scratch the membrane clean with a hard item. In case of tough limescale, we recommend cleaning the device several times in a row. Make sure no water gets into the air outlet. After decalcifying, thoroughly rinse out the bottom part of the device and dry it. Clean the upper part regularly with a damp cloth.
Here is a list with recommendations that influence how intense the scent is noticeable:
- Increase the amount of oil/fragrance drops in the diffuser
- Try different kind of fragrances/essential oils. How much the scent is noticeable depends mostly on the quality of the fragrance itself (synthetic, natural, ingredients, etc.). It is comparable with wine; quality is everything plus the scent also changes over time. Our experience is that the best results are achieved with 100% pure essential oils of a high quality and concentration
- The room temperature and relative air humidity influence how noticeable the scent is. The drier the environment, the less noticeable is the scent
- A high rate of air ventilation (opening windows and/or heating/air conditioning) has a direct influence on the scent because it makes it disappear faster. Reducing the air ventilation and not putting the aroma diffuser next to an air vent helps to increase the time the scent remains in the air and thus the noticeability. This also means no tilted windows
- Make sure the aroma diffuser is positioned where you like the scent to be most noticeable, best at least 70 cm above the floor
- Clean the inside of the aroma diffuser at least once a week and make sure to thoroughly clean the transducer from any oil/scent residues. The transducer can be clogged which results in a lower output and less noticeability of the scent
- Check how much water/oil mix remains in the water base of Zoe after 10 hours. In case there is more water/oil mix than just a little bit after this time, your aroma diffuser might need to be repaired
- Unplug the unit
- Empty the water tank completely and rinse it out with warm water
- Plug in the unit
- First press the LED button and afterwards additionally the On/Off button
- Keep pushing both buttons together for approx. 2-3 sec.
- Afterwards the LED should blink twice
- Then you can fill up the water tank and start Zoe again
Make sure that the LED dimmer is deactivated (press the right-hand button on the front several times: normal – dimmed – switched off).
If there are limescale deposits on the membrane, Zoe’s mist might be less distinct or less powerful. If that is the case, you can clean and descale your Zoe thoroughly, paying particular attention to the membrane. We recommend wiping the membrane carefully with a cotton bud soaked in descaler until all the limescale has gone. Never rub the membrane with a hard or pointed object!
After cleaning, rinse thoroughly with clean water.
Make sure that no water gets into the air outlet opening (2) during cleaning or rinsing.